Leaders sharing their knowledge and experience
Showcasing the latest and greatest products and services in the industry
From over 15 countries!
From leading companies around the world
Experts in vibration analysis and condition monitoring technologies
Featuring workshops, case studies, and presentations
Couldn't have this event without the support - Thank you!
Choose between full day or half day workshops
Networking Events 5
Three days of keynotes, sessions, exhibits, networking, lunch, dinner, entertainment and more!
WELCOME TO IMVAC Australia
As the home of our parent company, the Mobius Institute, we are delighted to bring our celebrated vibration analysis and condition monitoring conference to Australia. Since 2017, we have been holding a CBM conference on the Gold Coast in Queensland and it is proving to be just as successful as our original conference in Florida, USA. If you are involved in the vibration analysis, condition monitoring and predictive maintenance industry, and you work in Australia, New Zealand or anywhere else in the world, this is the perfect conference for you. Find out more about IMVAC Australia below or go straight to our registration page to sign up for a ticket for our next conference today.
What is IMVAC Australia?
The International Machine Vibration and Condition Monitoring Conference (IMVAC) is Australia’s best and only conference that is 100% for and about the machine vibration and condition monitoring industry and the associated industries. As such, our conference covers a broad range of technologies and sub-industries that revolve around keeping machinery in working order such as:
- Vibration analysis: the way to detect slight changes in vibrations that occur as a result of machines suffering faults
- Infrared thermography: thermal imaging technology that is used to detect manufacturing faults
- Wear debris analysis: oil sample analysis used to detect metal wear particles and other contaminants
- Motor testing: measuring motor currents to uncover faults in supply voltage
- Ultrasound: high frequency technology used to detect friction, turbulence or impacts within machines
- Lubrication: ensuring the long life of mechanical parts through proper lubrication
- Condition monitoring: appropriate condition and functioning can extend lifespan
- Alignment and balance: minimizing centrifugal forces to decrease strain and improve the reliability of machinery.
IMVAC Australia is the first conference and exhibition in Australasia to bring together all of these industries in one place. Our three to four-day conference at a leading hotel in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast presents industry professionals with the perfect opportunity to improve and grow their industry knowledge, mix with like-minded peers, learn new strategies and approaches and hear from the biggest and most respected names in the industry.
Who should attend IMVAC Australia?
Anyone who works in the vibration analysis and condition monitoring industries should seriously consider attending IMVAC Australia, particularly if you live and work in Australia or New Zealand. Whatever your position, whether it is technical or managerial, there are plenty of learning and networking opportunities to take advantage of. It doesn’t matter if this will be your first IMVAC or your third conference, everyone is welcome and everyone is sure to learn something.
Why should you attend IMVAC Australia?
There are more than just a couple of reasons that professionals attend IMVAC Australia. Here are the top five:
- This is the only vibration analysis and condition monitoring conference in Australia. In fact, our series of conferences are the only ones of their kind anywhere in the world. That doesn’t mean they are small though. You’ll find every day packed with activities.
- That’s because we offer industry professionals the chance to attend three keynote speeches and over 50 educational presentations from experts in Australia and across the world. You’ll also have access to the exhibition center where hundreds of companies demonstrate the latest products and trends every day.
- We also offer a unique networking opportunity for professionals. Rarely do you get to meet fellow professionals from across the country and across the world. But at IMVAC Australia it happens each day.
- We bring you thought leaders and industry experts, like our founder Jason Tranter, who discuss new approaches to the challenges you, and the industry as a whole, are facing.
- You’ll discover new approaches, technologies and tools that will completely change the way in which you work.
That’s more than enough reasons for anyone to head over to the registration page right now and book a ticket.
How to convince your boss to let you attend IMVAC Australia
Now that you have convinced yourself that you need to attend IMVAC Australia, the next step is to convince your boss. For some, this may be easier said than done. Some bosses will instantly see the value that a conference like IMVAC Australia can bring. Others will need a bit of convincing. If your boss wants to understand the value that they can expect in return for your investment into our conference, here is what you can tell them.
Nowhere else can you meet industry leaders than at IMVAC Australia
The opportunities to meet real industry thought leaders and experts are few and far between when it comes to vibration analysis and condition monitoring. But it couldn’t be easier at IMVAC Australia. That’s because we go to great efforts to book some of the biggest names from our industry to lead discussions and give keynote speeches. But it gets better. You won’t just have the chance to hear these people speak, you’ll have the chance to ask them questions as you mingle with them over lunch, dinner and during other events.
You can build and grow your network
Cultivating a world class network is often overlooked in this industry. But it can be a great benefit to you and your business. If you want to meet like-minded industry professionals from across Australia, then there’s only one place to do it — IMVAC Australia. We bring industry professionals together so you can trade ideas and build connections that can help you overcome the challenges facing your business.
IMVAC Australia empowers you to stay ahead of the curve
Our industry is competitive. If you aren’t up to date on the latest trends and technologies, you could get left behind. That’s why it is so important to remain knowledgeable. But doing so is hard in an industry like ours. For many, the only way is to attend an event like IMVAC Australia, where all of the world leaders in vibration analysis are brought together in one place. A lot of the focus of our conference is on educating attendees about the latest industry trends and about introducing new and cutting edge ideas.
We also give you the tools to convince your boss to let you attend IMVAC Australia
If the above points aren’t enough to convince your boss, we provide you with templates and worksheets that will more than do the job. Find them on our dedicated page.
Where is IMVAC Australia held?
IMVAC Australia is held at Novotel Surfers Paradise Gold Coast Hotel, one of the leading hotels on the Gold Coast. The hotel is located moments away from the beach, should attendees wish to catch some rays in between events, as well as close to the heart of the city. The Gold Coast airport is a short 20km drive away from the hotel, offering easy access to and from the event. Shuttle tickets are available to purchase on our website. Brisbane airport is also accessible for those on international flights, and it is located 55 miles from the hotel. Transfer tickets are available to buy to take you from Brisbane Airport to the hotel.
When is IMVAC Australia held?
The IMVAC Australia conference is held annually in August. In 2018, for instance, it will be held between the 4th August and the 8th August. For those of you attending who aren’t from Australia, this is towards the end of winter where temperatures are warm and mild. You can expect average temperatures of 18°C (60°F) with cool nights. Rain isn’t common at this time.
What you should know about attending IMVAC Australia
Thinking about attending IMVAC Australia? Here are a couple of things that we think you should know about before you arrive.
- There are two types of tickets that you can purchase for IMVAC Australia. Both will offer you access to the main event, a three-day conference packed full of speeches. One will also get you access to a bonus day of activities that includes a workshop and a plant tour.
- Your ticket entitles you to full access to the conference, all of the keynote speeches, other classes, the exhibition hall and a welcome gift. It also allows you to receive a continental breakfast every morning, refreshment breaks throughout the day, lunch and dinner with entertainment. The ticket does not cover accommodation or transport costs, however.
- We have been able to secure a special nightly rate at the hotel where the conference is being held, although you are not required to stay there to attend.
- Wifi will be available throughout the conference and we recommend that attendees wear business attire for the duration.
- If you have any special requirements or dietary needs, please let us know beforehand.
Earn certifications at IMVAC Australia
Opportunities to network, learn and explore aren’t the only thing that we offer at IMVAC Australia. Just like at the rest of our worldwide conferences, we give attendees the chance to sit ARP, CMRP, SMRT, ICML and Accredited ISO Vibration Analyst Certification exams. Find out more about each of the exam types below.
Practitioners and leaders involved with the important role of improving the reliability and performance of an industrial facility should be recognized for their knowledge, experience, and contribution. The Mobius Institute Asset Reliability Practitioner (ARP) certification scheme will recognize the knowledge and basic experience of people at three levels; the Advocate who contributes to the initiative, the Reliability Engineer, and the Leader of the program. In addition, the certification scheme separately recognizes reliability engineers and leaders who have proven competence.
The Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional program is the number one credential for reliability, maintenance and asset management professionals. It is the only industry certification program accredited by the American National Standards Institute, which follows ISO standards.
The Certified Maintenance and Reliability Technician program is the top credential for reliability and maintenance technicians. Earning this certification shows your level of skill in preventive, predictive and critical maintenance.
The International Council for Machine Lubrication is a vendor-neutral, not-for-profit organization focused on the growth and development of machine lubrication as a field of technical endeavor. To this end, the organization offers a certification for individuals in machine condition monitoring, oil analysis, and lubrication.
Accredited ISO Vibration Analyst Certification
This certification is provided by the Mobius Institute Board of Certification and is ISO accredited like all of our certifications. If you are a Vibration Analyst who has completed training at ISO I, II, III or IV level with an approved training provider, the Mobius Institute Board of Certification will conduct ISO certification exams at IMVAC Australia.
Sponsor IMVAC Australia
We welcome sponsorship at IMVAC Australia. If you would like to sponsor the event, please get in touch with our team, the details of how can be found on the sponsorship page.
We only host IMVAC Australia once a year so we urge you not to miss out. You can register for your ticket today by visiting our Australian registration page. Prices start at AUD $799 per person for a standard three-day ticket or AUD $829 for the bonus day as well. If you have a group of three or more people we are able to offer custom rates if you get in touch.
If you aren’t sure that IMVAC Australia is the right conference for you, perhaps one of our other worldwide conferences will be more suitable. You can find out more about them, and about our parent company the Mobius Institute below.
Other IMVAC Events
IMVAC offer a number of other conference locations throughout the year. If you can’t make our conference in Australia because of the destination or the dates, perhaps you are available to attend our conferences in America, Asia or Europe. The American version of our conference has been going since 2016, is based in Orlando, Florida, and is the largest vibration and condition monitoring conference on the planet. Our European conference is located in Antwerp, Belgium and has been going since 2017. The latest addition to the IMVAC event listings is our Middle East and Asian conference, which started in Dubai in 2017 and alternates annually between the UAE and Singapore. Each of these events provides all of the opportunities and experiences listed above. So, whichever event you attend, you’ll still get the same great IMVAC experience.
Who runs IMVAC Australia?
IMVAC is run by the Mobius Institute, a worldwide provider of reliability improvement, condition monitoring and precision maintenance education to plant managers, reliability engineers and condition monitoring technicians all over the world. With offices in Australia, America, Belgium, Costa Rica and India, the Mobius Institute offers easily understandable and comprehensive training in public, in plant and online, in addition to these fantastic conferences.
Who Should Attend
- Vibration Analysts
- Condition Monitoring Professionals
- Program Managers
- Overall Industry Professionals
- Event focused on vibration analysis and condition monitoring technologies
- Find new voices and experts in maintenance and reliability
- Build relationships with peers who face the same challenges
- Unique networking opportunities
What You Get
- Access to conference content before the conference
- Entry to Exhibition Hall
- Receive video recordings of all sessions
- Participate in conference social gatherings
Vibration Analysis is an excellent technique to identify machine faults through non-destructive testing. Variations in the narrowband vibration spectra can identify a wide range of fault conditions, the severity, and the change over time.
Or thermal imaging, is an affordable, easy to use technology that provides an image where pixel color is related to temperature. It can be used to detect electrical, process & mechanical faults.
Oil Analysis & Wear Particle
Also known as ferrography, WPA is the microscopic study of wear-related particles suspended in lubricating oil & grease. Identification of particle shape and material type, can provide a very clear and early indication of specific faults.
Utilizing motor current measurements, and optionally voltage measurements it is possible to detect a range of faults in the supply voltage, in the stator, rotor, and termination box.
When friction (wear), turbulence and impacts occur, sounds are generated at frequencies above our hearing range. The ultrasound tools can detect these sounds in mechanical, electrical, and process applications.
Key to the life of bearings and gears, and thus the reliability of the machine. If the oil or grease is clean, dry, has the correct chemistry & is applied in the correct volume, those components will deliver trouble-free operation.
Alignment & Balancing
If the coupled-shafts are “collinear” (have no offset or angle between them) then the load on the shafts, coupling, seals, and bearings will be greatly reduced, thus maximizing their life.
If the rotor is properly balanced, the centrifugal forces will be kept to a minimum, and the machine and structure will suffer less stress and strain as a result, thus improving reliability.